Analogy - Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
Analogy: Where can I use this word? Analogy...... Analogy......
I think of 'him'. (I have mentioned 'him' too many times recently...Haven't I...?!) Well, I think of 'him' anyways.
'Things that are otherwise dissimilar' - that's us. And still there are similarities. Like:
- We both like Sci-fi movies.
- We both like Comedy movies.
- We both love 'my' cooking!
- We both like Chillout music.
- We both like Jagjit Singh.
- We both love to go on drives...on a rainy day with nice music in the car on a freeway somewhere above 100K..!
- We both love to travel.
- We both enjoy each others company.
- We both have a temper.
- We both know that when one is angry the other should shutup and let the 'angry devil' calm down.
- We both are emotional.
- We both are water signs - hence we both love water: sea, ocean, river, lake, pond...you get the drift...
- And so on and so forth.....
These are the analogies between our otherwise anomalous relation.
Anomaly - Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
I say anomaly not because of any obvious differences but because of our very silent, subtle distinctive traits. Things that an outsider may not really be able to notice (you might, after you have read it!). Like:
- He prefers action movies; I like Romantic ones.
- He prefers Roti - Sabzi; I like to try different cuisines.
- He prefers 'WWE'; I like 'Survivor'.
- He becomes loud when he's angry; I go quiet... simmering inside!
- He cools down in 2 mins.; If engaged, I have to rant and rave about the topic of discussion and all the topics before that.
- He says, "Lets forget it"; I say, "Lets talk about it".
- And the like....
And then, we try to find balance.
Time probably has done that to us. Now every 'roll of the eyes', every 'frown', every 'twitch of a muscle', every 'silence' is recognizable.
Friends we had been..... found, learnt, loved - encouraged/hated - argued. And here we are today, planning a life together. Don't know yet when that day will come when I shall be Mrs. The thought is uplifting and scary all at the same time.
Want it ASAP? Don't think so. Looking forward? Yes, definately.
Why am I becoming all mushy and romantic today......?!
Probably because its 3 days to Valentine's and "Love is in the air!"
Do you think Valentine's is a bad thing? Does it mean that one can get away with 'NOT' being romantic the rest of the year?
For you Valentine's or No Valentine's you are romantic all year round..??!!!