Wednesday, September 14

Talk about ......succinct!

Found it at Megha's, who in turn got it from Rajesh's. And it all began at Karthik's, who was inspired by 55 Fiction.

And I went thru them and reckon they're great!
So I thought... I shall continue this fun tag for all those interested!

My first one -

Backup

He used to keep it in the boot of his car.
His mates would laugh at him - "Offsite! yeah.....right!!"

The day they fired him, he was laughing!

The END


And tag goes to -
AmitL
Anumita
Colors
Cynic -- Her 55. *NEW*
DJ -- His 55. *NEW*
Divya -- Her 55. *NEW*
Fundoo
Invincible -- His 65! *NEW*
Seema -- Her 65 *NEW*

........ Oh ALL on my blogroll!!!

And as you give your 55 cents... I shall update this post to link your story. *just like the creator of this tag did!*


Some Excellent examples from 55 Fiction below -


AT THE AUTOPSY

"Victim's blood is completely drained, apparently through two small puncture wounds in the neck," said the coroner.

"Hey... you don't suppose it's, you know, the real deal?" asked his assistant.

"No, just some psycho."

"You sure?"

They stared at each other for a moment, then burst out laughing - but stopped when the corpse laughed, too.

THE END

------------------------------------

PAYBACK TIME

I woke up on the couch with a stiff back.

Quietly, I eased into bed and lay there without sleeping, replaying our argument. Beside me, Karen writhed, screamed, trapped in one of her night terrors. I always woke her.

Tonight, I let her suffer and savored my revenge.

THE END

------------------------


So what are you waiting for?? Off you go - and write me some!! :)

3 comments:

Pallavi said...

Interesting ... to read the stories

Nupur said...

Pallavi: Yeah.... and its so hard to write 'em! My first try.... and I cant think of any more!!!

Ad astra per aspera said...

Loved reading these stories. Very creative. Got me thinking!
:-)